Tuesday, March 19, 2013


Turns out I've been more productive recently than I gave myself credit for - I've got 2 farmer's wife blocks finished that I haven't shown you yet!

Here's the fabric I chose for Bouquet:

This one seemed really easy in comparison to the last block's tiny pieces.

I really like how this turned out and I was thrilled to start incorporating some of the fabrics from my most recent charm pack purchase.
Tonight I finished block 9 and started playing with some scraps I've had lying around for a while. I think I might rip out the beginning of a pin cushion so I can incorporate all the pieces I have from the line... It was so relaxing to leave work a little earlier than expected and then get an hour to sew. (Pictures soon, I promise!)

Sunday, March 10, 2013

FWQ 7 / Rain and fog

Despite the enduring snow piles, we are certainly headed toward spring. I can't wait for temperatures over 50! I took a trip to Corvallis, OR the first few days of the month and was treated to 63 and mostly sunny one day. I thoroughly enjoyed getting to walk around outside without my peacoat and 3 other layers. Plus I got to spend time with my aunt and a few cousins whom I've not seen in the last 5 years. If you happen to be in that area, I highly recommend Pastini's Pastaria, The Queen's Chopsticks, and The Broken Yolk. :)

This morning the sky was white with fog and now it is raining steadily. Yesterday was just as hospitable which got me to finally sit back down at the sewing machine.

Block 7 frustrated me quite a lot last Tuesday evening. So, rather than sew the nights Will was gone on a business trip, I read.

Need to make a dent in this stack too after all...
Anyway, there are numerous small pieces required to create Birds in Air.

Of course, after having tediously cut all the pieces, I remembered that I could have done the math to create the correct size half square triangles from larger squares.

Then I had to square my little half sqare triangles since I've yet to perfect a scant 1/4in seam.

I am getting better though. My finished block measures just over 6.5 in square.