Sunday, December 4, 2011

Finally! Some sewing!

I feel I'm making good progress on my first bed sized quilt top. All the charm squares have been sewn into pairs and most of those pairs have become squares again, albiet larger this time.

Here's the overall design.
I'm sure it's overly ambitious, but wouldn't it be nice to be able to lay this quilt over the bed in the guest room when we have visitors in 3 weeks? Hmm... yeah, probably not going to happen. Nice thought though.

I've also begun picking fabric for the quilt along. Here's what I have so far:




















I'm planning on a white background and considering adding some solids to the mix. I'm not sure whether I would make the solids their own starts or have them mingle with the flowered prints - any thoughts or suggestions?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me. You'll make my day. :)