Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Eye Candy

Since I began reading other blogs about sewing and quilting in particular, I've noticed the following attitude: If you see fabric you like, get some, even if you don't know what you'll use it for or when. Because, if you don't, it will be gone. Forever. Even tiny scraps will be horrendously expensive.

This makes sense when fabric lines come and go so quickly, but until this past weekend I bought fabric for specific projects (economy of money and space) rather than simply because it was pretty. My project minded purchases and the fact that I'm pretty new at this quilting thing means I don't really have a lot of scraps... Thus, I need to produce some before I can send off my Mouthy Stitches swap! I certainly don't want my first swap partner to wish I hadn't been their partner...

Self explanatory
Etchings and Terrain
Reindeer, Yuletide Magic, Countdown to Christmas
Scrap bag including some Moda and others without selvages
1001 Peeps

What do you think? Will I have a disappointed partner if I'm sharing bits of these?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me. You'll make my day. :)