Tuesday, May 21, 2013

FWQ 11

Finished up this block last week. I like it a lot. I particularly like the gradation of the neutrals.

It came from my wanting to use bits of linen, but not actually having quite enough. In fact, from the original linen pieces I could only have cut 5 or 6 of the necessary pieces. I like things to be orderly though (most of the time), so I decided to cut 4 pieces from each of 4 different neutral solids/near solids.
I think this block would make a really cool quilt. Maybe I'd make the pieces slightly bigger so I wouldn't need so many of them to get a decent size. Hmm...
The seams started to get bulky at the end, but not too terrible.
One hundred blocks to go. :)

1 comment:

  1. I loved your block so much, I just had to make my own :) It will be up on my blog soon, pop over and check it out if you would like

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me. You'll make my day. :)